South Korea is one of the most modern countries in the world, with rapid development in many fields, from social culture and science. This country is also known to some people for its pop culture widely popular as K-Pop. Due to its popularity, people all around the world prefer to study in South Korea. Besides, the South Korea government invests more to education a little more than in other areas. If you are one of them, read on as here is some information you need to know about studying in South Korea.
Why Study in the South Korea is better than Other Countries
There are few top reasons of why study in the South Korea is better than study in other countries.
- The government supports systematic education program, which offers lower tuition fees as well as living costs and other accommodations for students. For more than half centuries, South Korean government has offered scholarship to more than 6,000 students from almost 150 countries all over the world.
- Education system that is highly competitive suits those who aim for better and brighter future students. According to Program for International Student Assessment, South Korea ranked at number one for scholastic achievement in mathematics and second in reading.
- According to an education website, International students who study in the South Korea have reported high life satisfaction, in which it ranked number one in safety.
- It offers employment and career development for international students, so graduates do not have to worry about their work after school or college.
Top Universities in South Korea for Master’s Degree
Below are some top universities you can apply at if you want to study in the South Korea.
- Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, which is situated in Daejon, is on the top rank of top university in South Korea according to QS website. This university offers science, technology, engineering, and mathematics program.
- SNU or Seoul National University comes second in the QS South Korea university rankings. This university’s campuses are each located in Gwanak and Jongno district.
- Pohang University of Science and Technology is another recommended university, especially for students who are interested in technology and science field.
- Other universities that can be the destination of international students are Korea University and Sungkyunkwan University, and Yonsei University. The latter is on number 107th of top world’s university.
Planning for Admission
After deciding what school you plan to apply to, it is time for you to prepare everything that is required for the admission.
- Note that the admission period for spring is between September to November, while for fall it is between May to June. However, you still need to check the official website of the university as the exact deadline may vary one another.
- Check at the university’s official website, preferably on its official study program site, that you are qualified to enroll the program or not.
- Some documents that you might need to submit are application form, study plan, letter of recommendation, proof of Korean and English language ability, and finance-related documents.
In addition, South Korean government also offer education scholarship for eligible International students who want to study in South Korea –such information is usually provided on the government’s official site.